Category Archive: Featured Article

Jan 14

Featured Article of the Week – $15 per Hour Protestors Do Not Care About the Poor

$15 per Hour Protestors Do Not Care About the Poor By Progressive Pete Some people believe that the minimum wage is too low and should be raised to $15 per hour. At such a rate, a person working at McDonald’s would earn over $30,000 per year. Many believe that this humane “living wage” should be …

Continue reading »

Share

Jan 07

Featured Article of the Week – Depleted and Desolate Detroit: What Happened?

Depleted and Desolate Detroit: What Happened? By Dee Dee Benkie Detroit started as a little fur trading post for New France many years ago. How appropriate is it now then that France is out of vogue and slowly dying economically under the weight of its socialist policies, and fur is no longer the hot commodity it …

Continue reading »

Share

Dec 16

Featured Article of the Week – Carried Away with National Defense

Carried Away with National Defense By Linda Jefferson A friend of mine believes that personal safety is very important. In order to make sure that no one in his family is ever harmed in any way, he has taken a number of steps to ensure their safety. He has motion activated cameras and lights, triple …

Continue reading »

Share

Dec 09

Featured Article of the Week – Freedom From What: Responsibility or Tyranny?

Freedom From What: Responsibility or Tyranny? By: Brian Samuels Sometimes in politics, it seems like the only thing opposing political parties can agree on is to keep fighting with each other. Even when they agree with each other, they will often continue to yell at each other and hurl foul names. One instance where this …

Continue reading »

Share

Nov 27

Featured Article of the Week – Imagine a World without Utilitarianism: It’s Easy if You Tried

Imagine a World without Utilitarianism: It’s Easy if You Tried By Hope Paul Under utilitarianism, if 51% of a group wanted the remaining 49% to pay an additional tax that applies only to the 49%, the 49% would have no choice but to pay up. It does not matter whether the 49% would like to pay …

Continue reading »

Share

Nov 05

New Voice For Politics’ Guide to Finding that Special Somebody

New Voice For Politics’ Guide to Finding that Special Somebody It is that time of the year again, when nominees come out to announce their intention to run in the next election. They all flutter about in an attempt to woo the electorate with sweet words and impassioned promises. Some suitors are new, while others …

Continue reading »

Share